Are you still a chocoholic?
Upset that an easter egg won’t be part of your menu in March?
Dark Chocolate Protein Easter Eggs
- 1/3 cup of Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
- 1/3 cup of Milk
- 1/2 bar of 85% Dark Chocolate (50 grams)
- In a bowl, mix the protein powder, cocoa, coconut flour and milk until a thick paste, (kind of like a dough), is formed. You need to roll the dough into “eggs,” so if your mix is too runny or sticky, add a touch more coconut flour until it gets to the right consistency. (Be careful! Too much coconut flour will make the filling too fibrous.)
Note: If you don’t have coconut flour, you can use casein instead. Also if you’re having trouble rolling the dough into an egg shape you could use an egg shaped silicone mold instead.
- Form six “eggs” out of the batter by rolling them with your hands, (or using a mold), and proceed to melt your dark chocolate in a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water.
- When the chocolate has melted, dip your “eggs” to create a chocolate shell, and then place the chocolate-coated eggs on a baking tray lined with baking paper or foil.
- Put them in the freezer for an hour or so. That’s it! Your eggs are ready to eat.
You can also follow us on social media at any of the links below, don’t forget to tag us in your creations #PREPPEDANDPACKED