In celebration of
Britain’s National Chip Week
We give you one of our tastiest & quickest recipes yet which is both healthy and something that the whole family will enjoy, guaranteed!
2 large sweet potatoes
2 tbsp. melted coconut butter
½ tsp sea salt
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp smoked paprika
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 220c
Leave the skin on the potatoes and cut them into thin, even matchsticks with a sharp knife
Transfer to 2 baking sheets and drizzle with coconut oil
Sprinkle with the seasonings until covered
Bake for 15 minutes and flip them over to cook the over side
Bake for an additional 10 minutes until brown and crispy
Remove from the oven and drizzle with maple syrup to offset the spiciness
Serve & enjoy!
So, what’s the deal with sweet potatoes?
In recent years, the sweet potato has really quite enjoyed the ‘superfood’ status that health junkies have labelled it with. But what makes it so good?
- Due to their carbohydrate content, sweet potatoes are highly satiating foods which make you feel fuller for longer
- Sweet potatoes are more fibrous than white potatoes, and contain less calories
- There is just 16.4g starch in a 100g of sweet potato compared to 33.8g of starch in 100g of white potato
- Sweet potatoes are a superb source of Vitamin A, which has been proven to help improve eyesight (a bit like carrots)
- Sweet potatoes have effective anti-inflammatory properties
You can also follow us on social media at any of the links below, don’t forget to tag us in your creations #PREPPEDANDPACKED