It is no secret that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is especially true when you have a busy schedule which includes a gruelling workout!
Start your day on the right note: our tasty low carb quiche is enough to fill you up and to give your metabolism the get up ‘n’ go that it needs in the morning. Follow these simple steps and get cooking!
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
2 free range eggs
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 green chilli pepper, finely chopped
1 handful of spinach leaves, chopped
30g reduced fat grated cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 180c
Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
Grease an over proof dish or tin with coconut oil or organic butter
Pour the mixture into a dish and place in over for 20-25 minutes
Ensure the middle of the quiche is cooked through
Serve with salad or a bowl of fresh fruit
MACRONUTRIENTS (per portion)
Why not play around with the ingredients?
- Add spices and herbs to put your own stamp on this recipe!
- You can even divide the recipe into delicious bitesize portions by baking it in a cupcake baking tray instead
- Add lean beef mince or organic chicken and convert this breakfast recipe into a hearty dinner recipe
- Store the quiches in your Prepped & Packed Tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days
- P.S you can even freeze your quiches so you can enjoy them at a later date!
You can also follow us on social media at any of the links below, don’t forget to tag us in your creations #preppedandpacked